Expertise in Consulting, Concrete Batch Plant Operation and Setup, Project Management, and Project development, including senior and junior positions. History of organization, entrepreneurial and significant bottom-line contributions in both consulting, management and staff positions.
During the construction management portion of the projects, it was my duty to make sure all time and monetary schedules were completed on time.
- 1ST THROUGH 12TH GRADE, ATTENDED Reno Schools.
- University of Nevada, Reno. Studied math and business classes.
Taught Real Estate Math at UNR.
- Completed ACI Concrete Field Testing Grade 1 Certification, ID# 023368.
- Field Experience and 2012 World of Concrete Show, Las Vegas, Nevada, Feb, 2012
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Over 25 years experience in Concrete Batching, Quality Control, and Concrete Field Testing
- Over 30 years experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in start-up, design, finance, development, construction-management and marketing of construction products.
- Responsible for batching over 60,000 yds of concrete
- Batched over 2,000 yards per day for Nevada Department of Transportation.
- Skilled in office management.
- Skilled in computer usage.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 05 -2015 -Present
Project Manager for Dawkins Concrete, Jumbo Project, Corpus Christi, Texas, oversee production of 500,000 cy concrete out of two Haganator portable batch plants.
- 04/2014 – 05/2015
Customer service and sales for White Cap Ready Mix
- 06/2001 – 04/2014
Consult and trained operators on the set up and operation of Various Batch Plants including Nome and Cordova Alaska, Spokane, Washington, Cigar Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada and Reno, Nevada.Batched concrete with a Preem 101f model plant for Mowat Construction on the Cordova, AK. Power Plant 2010-2011 rebuild. Up to 300 yards per day. Gary Smith was the Project Manager.Operated a Concrete Batch Plant for Alaska Mechanical, Inc. on the Rock Creek Mine Project in Nome, AK under very harsh winter conditions. I was paid by Alaska Mechanical with Stacey Walters the person that ordered the concrete yardage. The plant was rented from Jim West.
Operated a Vince Hagen Central Batch Plant for Granite Construction, Reno, Nevada Plant. Batched up to 2000 yards (1 inch slump) concrete per day for the Nevada Department of Transportation Interstate 80 reconstruction project for approximately 6 months in 2011. Steve Benna was the Plant Manager.
Consulted on the operations of Sapphire mining operations, Mine Core International, Madagascar
- 06/2000 – Feb. 2001
Paul Davis Restoration. Estimator using Exactimate estimating program and Project manager in charge of restoring fire and water damaged projects.
- 10/1980 – 06/2000
Capital City Concrete/Granite Construction, dba CB Concrete;Quality Control, sales and customer support. Operated Central Mix and dry batch plants for CB Concrete and Savage Construction, later purchased by Granite Construction Co. Operated Vince Hagen wet batch plant on a fill in and weekend basis. Batched up 1,500 cy per day.Used over 50 different mix designs.
- 1975 – 1996
Owned and operated Gilco Construction and Hi Desert Realty. Purchased land, designed, obtained financing, constructed and managed the construction as owner/builder of multi-family, single family and office. projects: